While we have access to a lot of Bill Ward's work, we by no means have access to all of it that has been published, and we will be asking for help from his fans in getting high quality scans of the work. Details on our requirements are now available! Please follow them closely, and email me before you start scanning if you have any questions.
Even if you don't have a scanner - and are quite understandably not willing to loan out part of your collection - you can still help! Part of the problem is that while his strip for Drummer is arguably his best known work, he had his work published in a great many publications and it can be difficult to even know what materials we should be looking for. So, if you have a magazine collection with a lot of Bill Ward's work, please check and see if there's any gaps in our knowledge that you can fill in.
Does Anyone Know:
- At what issue number did Daddy Magazine stop using Bill Ward's art?
- How many issues were there of Manifest Reader, Super Manifest Reader or Alternate, and which ones featured Bill Ward's art?
- Which issues of Stroke featured Bill Ward's art?
- Are there any other publications that used Bill Ward's art that we haven't mentioned?
We Have The Following Sources:
- A full set of Drummer, issues 1-170 (except for #3 and #5); they did not use any new art from Bill Ward after #152.
- Drummer Daddies, 1-3
- Manifest Reader, issues 1, 2, 5, 7, 10, 16, 17, 19, 22, 25, 29, 31
- The Adventures of DRUM
- DRUMMER Presents: The Erotic Art of Bill Ward
- The Fantastic World Of Bill Ward, Volume 3
- A full set of BEAR, 1-64
- Daddy, issues 1-8, 10-13, 15-17, 21, 23-24, 29.
- A full set of BROS, 1-21, a 'zine for longhaired men that Bill Ward contributed to.
- Bearhunt/Chasse aux Ours, Issues 1 and 2
If you have access to anything not on the above list, please get in touch with us if you're willing to help.